Wednesday, January 10, 2007

gmail address: one to many

If you have created a gmail account, you are blessed with hundreds or even more email addresses. How many you want?

I already know one trick of generating many gmail addresses from one. Thanks to lifehacker. If your gmail address is username@gmail.com, then username+anyword@gmail.com is also yours. I used this whenever I subscribed to any sites. This way I will know if my email address is being used for spamming. Some sites don't allow plus (+) in the email address and I am compelled to use username@gmail.com. But not anymore.

Today I happened to know another trick. Use dot anywhere in your gmail address and it works. I just tried to myself. I always resented having created my gmail address as firstnamelastname@gmail.com, I used to miss dot between firstname and lastname as it is getting more and more standardized. Thanks to my friend who forwarded this information. Now I can have my email address as firstname.lastname@gmail.com. Thanks to fore-thinking attitude of google.

Google help center has the info on same.

Now tell me how many emails address you want.
username@gmail.com
username+a@gmail.com
username+b@gmail.com
....
user.name@gmail.com
user.na.me@gmail.com
...
this will never end. Enjoy!!

No comments: