Thursday, January 25, 2007

Finally html-table to wiki get going... developer's satisfaction

Every developer knows the satisfaction of having something accomplished. Like today I was able to convert html-table to wiki format. I will post the python code in my tech blog soon. Though it's a simple code but it's usage is tremendously high. I found few sites that does table conversion from html to wiki, but they preserve the attributes of rows and columns of table, which I don't need + few other issues. So had to do on my own, also a test of knowledge of Python. Python is a one of the must-know languages.



We at ICIMOD are moving intranet contents to Wiki. We have also hired an intern to do the job. This program is just to make his job a little easy. I understand the pain of creating tables in Wiki, especially when it's two pages long :-(





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: