Monday, February 26, 2007

"lazy work doesn't work! boy!!"

I applied to Acumen Fund Fellowship almost a month back and later got rejected as expected. There was a form to answer the difficult questions, the soul searching questions that make you take a dip inside yourself, search for the answers and get nothing (atleast for my part). Yeah the questions were really vague and I answered those in a matter of minutes on the last day. Can you imagine that? The result is "Better Luck next time! buddy". I still remember one question which says "Some examples of where the power of listening makes you proud?", a little distorted as I extracted from my memory. I had a really hard time to answer that question. Perhaps the time I gave for soul searching queries is far too less to deserve that prestigious fellowship.

I am one of 466 people that applied for the fellowship and one of the 400+ that got rejected. There is long procedure for selection. Had I been selected, I would never get to know that "lazy work doesn't work at all". Good for me.

The first time I got to know about Acumen Fund is few months back when I, for no any apparent reason, downloaded a TED presentation of Jacqueline Novogratz, the CEO and founder of Acumend Fund, an impressive lady who envisions of making poverty a history.

No comments: