Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wiki presentation at ICIMOD

Today we, ICIMOD, invited Bellanet resource persons to talk on Wiki, their experiences, knowledge. I was to speak on implementation portion, I have already integrated mediawiki, one of popular wiki software, in our intranet. I also gave a brief background on the usage, how to format wiki content and some features. It went fine, with quite a good number of audiences. But presonally I felt that it was a little too much comprehensive for the audiences to digest. They have no idea of Wiki at all. It went for almost an hour. Overall I find it good and informative, which is actually our primary purpose. On the other hand, we could have made this more interesting and exciting by dropping some unnecessary portions (for the beginners). Otherwise it was perfect.

No comments: