Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Glass pieces from forehead: How possible is that?

Normally I don't like to blog on news stuffs but I find this really intriguing and after hearing on this case from high ranking Dr. Upendra Devkota, I thought to write some about it.

The girl, Sarita Bista, 12, from far western Nepal is now in Kathmandu for further medical investigation on emitting glass pieces from her forehead. Dr. Upendra Devkota himself is looking after the case. There are some points that I would like to highlight from Dr. Devkota comments. He said that generating glass pieces from body is totally impossible. It seems so but I don't know how much he has looked into the case and Nepal Television News didn't give much info on that.

Later he commented that this may be the case of child abuse. The girl hasn't been admitted to school yet, letting her future in darkness. It is almost sure that family is spreading the news for financial gains. I find this little too hard to digest. The way he said, it is almost certain that this is child abuse case. It would have been better to hear these comments after he'd provided proofs of this mysterious happening.

No comments: